“When a stranger resides with you in your land, you shall not wrong him. The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as one of your citizens; you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord and your God.”
We Were Strangers, Too: the Jewish Campaign for Immigration Reform calls on Congress to fix our country’s broken immigration system. We call for immigration legislation that:
- keeps families united and decreases the waiting time for family re-unification;
- creates pathways to citizenship for undocumented immigrants;
- establishes border protection and enforcement policies that bolster our national security, while balancing enforcement with economic development and human and civil rights;
- outlines a plan for future migration flows in order to protect all workers’ rights;
- empowers immigrants to fully integrate by providing financial support to local governments and community organizations that offer classes and services.