Immigration 101: An Introductory Webinar for Immigration Advocates in the Jewish Community
Thursday, November 17th, 2011
1:00-2:30pm EST / 12:00-1:15pm CST / 10:00-11:15am PST
Are you concerned about the treatment of immigrants in our country? Do you want to learn how the Jewish community is responding to what some are calling the “Civil Rights issue of our time?” Join us for an informative webinar with Jewish leaders who are at the forefront of the Jewish Campaign for Immigration Reform. Featured speakers include Jane Ramsey of the Jewish Council on Urban Affairs, Melanie Nezer of the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society, Rabbi David Saperstein of the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism, and Vic Rosenthal of Jewish Community Action.
This webinar will provide:
- Explanation of the Jewish imperative for immigration reform
- Background on the history of immigration policy in the U.S.
- Economic arguments for immigration reform
- Legislative updates regarding federal immigration policy and state/local policies, including overviews of state policies like those in Arizona and Alabama
- Programming ideas for how to get your community involved in immigration advocacy